AFC EAST
1) Patriots – Tom Brady, Belichick, and the Patriot Way. Despite some losses on defense, I fully expect the Pats to win the division…AGAIN.
2) Dolphins – Miami should have a top 5 defense this year after acquiring Ndamukong Suh in free agency and I look for Ryan Tannehill to make another step to lead this team to the playoffs.
3) Bills – As much as I love this defense, and all of the playmakers they have on offense, I just don’t know if Tyrod Taylor can provide enough in the passing game to make them a legitimate threat for the division crown.
4) Jets – Great defense, and a terrible offense is what I expect in New York this year. Should be a rough first year for Todd Bowles.
AFC NORTH
1. Steelers - Maybe I’m being biased as the Steelers are my favorite team, and obviously the defense needs some work. I fully expect Coach Tomlin and new DC Keith Butler to correct those issues. The offense will continue to be elite so at least I can count on that!
2. Ravens – Should be great defensively as usual, and Forsett stabilizing the running game should help the offense. Flacco will likely make enough plays to help Baltimore compete.
3. Bengals – They have a lot of talent, but a below average quarterback. As long as they have Dalton, they will NEVER take that next step.
4. Browns – Just simply not enough playmakers on either side of the ball. I don’t think their quarterback situation is good enough for them to compete either. But hopefully we’ll get to see Manziel play!
AFC WEST
1. Broncos – Peyton Manning may be in his last year but I don’t think he’s slowing down. After an offseason to get healthy, I think he will bounce back this year and lead Denver to the AFC Championship game.
2. Chiefs – Unlike most people, I actually like Alex Smith. If he can make some plays to his wideouts this year and that defense steps up, I can definitely see Kansas City in the playoffs.
3. Chargers – Phillip Rivers just got PAIDDD! I’m sure he is ready to earn that money and make big plays for the Chargers offense. My questions about San Diego are primarily on defense. They get that side of the ball in order and I could definitely be wrong about this.
4. Raiders – They have made a few additions to the offense to add more weapons for Derek Carr. While I like him, as well as some of their other plays, I still think they’re 2 years away from really competing.
AFC SOUTH
1. Colts – Andrew Luck and adding veterans Andre Johnson and Frank Gore to the mix will definitely keep them at an elite level. Ultimately I think the defense will prevent them from taking that big step in the playoffs.
2. Titans – Not sure if I have a ton of confidence in Mariota or I just think the rest of the division isn’t that good. I think this is a team that can get to 8 or 9 wins this season.
3. Texans - Apparently they have the best player in the league JJ Watt. Unfortunately, he can’t play every position so I do expect them to struggle.
4. Jaguars – Another year on the way, and another year I expect them to be terrible. Unfortunately for Bortles, I think the Jags are cursed.
NFC EAST
1. Eagles - Despite all the questions about Chip Kelly and the moves he made this offseason, I actually think the Eagles will be really good this year. I’m big on Sam Bradford and IF he can stay healthy, I can see them making a deep run.
2. Cowboys – Dallas should be a really good defensive team and I expect them to compete for the division. Romo and the receivers should also be solid but I’m nervous about the running back situation, even with that great offensive line.
3. Giants – Eli is another QB who got big money this offseason. To show he’s worth it, he needs to be more decisive with the ball and not turn it over. I expect him to do so but questions on defense prevent me from having them higher.
4. Redskins – No reason needed
NFC North
1. Packers- They have the best quarterback in football so obviously I think he will be great and despite losing Nelson, they have enough weapons for him to get the ball too.
2. Lions – No Suh, no problem. Detroit should still have a great defense. Stafford hopefully takes that next step towards elite and the running game should provide balance.
3. Vikings – Is there anybody more on a mission than Adrian Peterson. After everything he went through this offseason, I fully expect him to tear the league up all year. Unfortunately I don’t think the defense or the quarterback will be good enough for them to end up any higher.
4. Bears – I could be wrong and maybe this is the year Cutler gets it together and shuts up the critics. As a big John Fox fan, I think he will make an immediate impact on this defense and get them back to how they used to be! I hope I’m wrong on this pick.
NFC South
1. Saints – Unlike last year, I fully expect Drew Brees to take care of the ball and put his team in position to win games. They must have help from the defense and running game but it starts with Brees and I think he’ll be ready for it
2. Falcons – Matt Ryan is very good, and if his weapons can stay healthy, the Falcons should make a return to the playoffs.
3. Panthers – After losing Kelvin Benjamin for the year, Cam Newton basically has no weapons remaining. Lucky for him, Carolina should have a good enough defense and running game to still win ballgames.
4. Buccaneers – Number 1 overall pick Jameis Winston looks to take the league by storm this year and while I think he’ll be good, I think the Bucs are a couple years away from really competing.
NFC NORTH
1. Seahawks – While Adrian Peterson may be the most motivated player in the league, Seattle is no doubt the most motivated team. After coming up a yard short of winning back to back Super Bowls (had it not been for the worst pass ever), Seattle is desperate to get back to the top. Adding Jimmy Graham from New Orleans should instantly help the passing game and the defense even without Kam Chancellor should still be great.
2. Rams – Maybe the best defensive line in the NFL and Nick Foles coming over to solidify that quarterback position, I expect St. Louis to make a run towards the playoffs this year.
3. Cardinals – They return what should be a really good defense and a good running game. If Carson Palmer can stay healthy and take care of the ball, they may be in that top 2.
4. 49ers- Has there ever been a team to have a worse offseason that San Francisco? Between players unexpectedly retiring, to coaches leaving, as well as start players leaving I have zero expectations for them. This will be nothing more than a rebuilding year.
We’ll learn more in the coming weeks and the NFL is always unpredictable! I’m excited to see how it all plays out, and which players and teams step up. Should be a great year!
This is “My Take”
No comments:
Post a Comment