Finally, it’s here! The 2nd
College Football Playoff begins today and I can’t wait to see the outcome! It’s
kind of bittersweet as the start of the playoff, signals the season coming to
an end. But besides that, we have 2 great games, featuring 4 really good teams
to give us a great New Year’ Eve. Now, are these the 4 best teams in the
country? I don’t think so, but they are the 4 most deserving. They feature high
profile coaches, and high profile players sure to put on a show. With that said…
GAME 1
Oklahoma V.S. Clemson
Now, I’m not sure if it’s just what I’ve
been hearing/reading, but it seems like EVERYONE is picking Oklahoma. I may
have seen 3 of 20 people actually go with the ONLY UNDEFEATED TEAM IN THE
COUNTRY! It clearly makes no sense to me. To break this down, Oklahoma is a
very good team, with talent on both sides of the ball. But how impressive have
they actually been? They lost to a TERRIBLE Texas team and barely escaped Tennessee.
I guess people were impressed with them beating up on backup quarterbacks
towards the end of the year. Anyways, Clemson has wins over 2 really good teams
in Notre Dame, and Florida State and a quarterback who has NEVER LOST a game he’s
started and finished. Though I do have respect for Baker Mayfield and Sterling
Shepard is BIGTIME, I simply don’t think OU is a better team than Clemson.
Clemson has the playmakers on both sides of the ball to get it done and will
have the best player on the field in Heisman finalist, Deshawn Watson.
Clemson 33 Oklahoma 20
GAME 2
Michigan State V.S. Alabama
Now this is another game where one
team is getting no respect! I understand it somewhat…You have the best coach in
America, maybe ever, in Nick Saban and the best college football program in the
country in Alabama, who seems to always be in this position every year. You have
the Heisman trophy winner in Derrick Henry, and you have the best defense in
the country. This seems like it’s an easy call. Bama by what? 50?? That’s what
you would believe if you listened to all these so called analysts around here
who love their SEC. Michigan State is EXTREMLY capable of winning this game.
They have the best quarterback by far on this field and I think he can make
plays against a solid, but not great Bama secondary. Michigan State also plays
a running type of offense, with tough defense. Now it’s been said that you can’t
beat Bama by playing Bama’s style but I think the ONLY thing that separates that
is Connor Cook’s ability to make plays. However, it is TOUGH to bet against
Nick Saban in this situation.
Alabama 27 Michigan State 23
So that’s my picks! Can’t wait to
get off work and actually watch these games and see how it all plays out. Will
the doubts and no belief in Clemson and Michigan State fuel them to upset OU
and Bama, or will OU be out for revenge from the 40-6 BEATING Clemson gave them last year. It will
be interesting to see if Bama takes an L and SEC fans lose their minds though! With
that said, everyone enjoy the games and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment