After several weeks of Saturdays with no major matchups, that all changes this week. We're almost at the midway point of the season and teams are starting to hit their stride. In order to find out who's real and who's not though, they have to play to each other. And that happens now! So let's jump into these matchups..
RED RIVER RIVALRY
OKLAHOMA (6) VS TEXAS (11)
I'm so amped for this game! For as good as Oklahoma has been this season, you can make an argument that they have yet to play anyone. Whereas we saw Texas almost go shot for shot with LSU and come up short. Oklahoma's offense has been dominant to this point, but Texas is a different beast! Sam Ehlinger is a real deal competitor, a baller. He will ensure that Texas brings it. Their defense, particular the secondary will need to be alot better than it was against LSU when they were shredded. Jalen Hurts has been lighting it up and emerged as an early season Heisman candidate rather quickly, and if he continues to do that here then I have no doubt his name will move to the top of the list. Unfortunately I think Texas is too physical and too aggressive for this game to be easy on Oklahoma. I think Sam understands the plays he missed against LSU and won't make those mistakes tomorrow.
TEXAS 38
OKLAHOMA 30
ALABAMA (1) VS TEXAS A&M (24)
Alabama gets another test against the Aggies this weekend. People talk about Clemson not playing anyone. Alabama has not played a soul this season. Their best win is against Duke. I think A&M will actually compete with them , at least for a half. Jimbo Fisher is continuing to grow that program but it's still early in that process. Alabama just has too much. Too much offense, too much defense, and too much coaching. The Tide should roll, especially after halftime.
ALABAMA 48
TEXAS A&M 17
PENN STATE (10) VS IOWA (17)
Iowa is looking to bounce back from a disappointing loss to Michigan where the offense constantly turned the ball over and was unable to get the ball into the endzone. The only good part of that was that the defense was amazing and kept them in the game only surrendering 10 points in the loss. Iowa's defense will likely give Penn State's offense problems as they are solid on all 3 levels. Penn State has an elite passing game but Iowa gives up the 4th least passing yards in the nation. so I don't see them being as effective as usual. Iowa needs this game to bounce back and them being byfar the best defense Penn State has played thus far I expect them to execute on both ends. Penn State's defense is solid as well but I can them making a big mistake or 2 in the secondary that will coast them.
IOWA 20
PENN STATE 16
FLORIDA (7) VS LSU (5)
In a day of big games, this might be the biggest. Florida takes their ELITE defense to Baton Rouge for a matchup with LSU. This is a different LSU team. While most LSU teams in the past have leaned on their defense, this team is undoubtedly an offensive team. They have a Heisman candidate at quarterback in Joe Burrow and tall and skilled receivers everywhere else.The running game is more balanced than normal and they will surely be tested by that Gator front 7 that flat out embarassed the Auburn offense last week.Florida quarterback Kyle Trask has been making plays ever since he became the starter after the injury to Felipe Franks. He is a smart quarterback who has waited years for this opportunity and is now taking full advantage of it. If this game was in Gainesville I would definitely lean Gators, but it's not. It's at Death Valley, at night.
LSU 27
Florida 23
USC VS NOTRE DAME (9)
USC will look to bounce back from a double digit loss to Washington while Notre Dame is trying to keep his postseason hopes alive. USC coach Clay Helton knows his days are numbered. If they lose tomorrow he could easily get fired after the game, Lane Kiffin style. They have freshman quarterback Kedon Slovis back available but he's facing a really good Notre Dame team who's only loss was a close one to SEC power Georgia. I expect Notre Dame to dominate this game. USC has talent, just not the coaching needed to win games like these.
Notre Dame 31
USC 21
Usually I would give some deep dive but these game picks are enough! It's been awhile since there has been great games literally from start to finish but I fully expect that to happen Saturday. Oh and by the way, I expect Clemson to come out and DESTROY Florida State. There has been too much down talk in the last couple of weeks and Trevor Lawrence and the boys will be ready to put on an absolute show.
No comments:
Post a Comment