Friday, November 8, 2019

FIRST RANKINGS RELEASED

We've gotten to the point in the College Football season where finally the 1st Playoff rankings of the year have been released! The best thing about it is that these rankings mean absolutely nothing whatsoever. But I'll speak on them anyway and say what it tells me. I'll also make some picks on a few HUGE showdowns we have coming up on Saturday.

CFP Rankings
1) Ohio State
2) LSU
3) Alabama
4) Penn State
5) Clemson
6) Georgia
7) Oregon
8) Utah
9) Oklahoma
10) Florida

What these rankings tell me is that the committee LOVE'S the SEC. That's the only way it makes sense to have Georgia in the top 6. That's the only way you can have Alabama in the top 3. Georgia has the worst loss byfar of any of the top 10 teams. They lost to a South Carolina team that's 4th in the SEC East. Also, Alabama has NOT beatin anyone. To have them ranked 2 spots ahead of Clemson is crazy! Oregon is another team who has looked GREAT lately, and they have one loss to a good Auburn team in the 1st game of the season. I take from that the committee does not love the PAC12. SEC Bias all over again!! I'm used to it by now though. Below is how my top 10 would look if I had a vote!

1) Ohio State
2) LSU
3) Penn State
4) Clemson
5) Oregon
6) Alabama
7) Utah
8) Oklahoma
9) Georgia
10) Minnesota

Week 11 Picks

PENN STATE (4) VS MINNESOTA (17)

This should be a great game where we find out if Minnesota is the real deal. Penn State is a proven balclub, with everything from good coaching to a really good defense and a solid explosive offense. Minnesota is lead by a strong defense, and a great running game! They also have been extremely efficient passing the ball. They won't be afraid of Penn State and I think the advantage of playing at home gives them a real edge.

Minnesota 29
Penn State 24

LSU (2) VS ALABAMA (3)

This might be the most competitive Bama vs LSU matchup we've had in awhile. This also might be the most talent we have seen on a field at one point with these 2 teams, with the majority being on offense. There's a Heisman showdown as Tua returns to lead his team against rising Senior Joe Burrow who has been lights out this year. I have never, ever seen LSU have this much consistency and explosiveness on offense. And this is a program that has had stars such as Odell Beckham and Leonard Fournette. It's that reason why I think LSU will pull this off! A shootout is on the way.

LSU 36
Alabama 30

KANSAS STATE (20) VS TEXAS

If there's one team I've been disappointed in this year, it's the University of Texas. I thought surely with a team who had older players, a tough returning quarterback and another year under Tom Herman, I was sure they would take that step! Boy was I wrong. This team is undisciplined and makes mistakes on both sides of the ball that have kept them from being a real contender. Kansas State on the other hand just plays smart football. They may have less talent but they won't be outworked. 

Kansas State 27
Texas 20

CLEMSON (5) VS NC STATE

This game might normally be on my upset specials list as NC State has shown to challenge teams when you least expect them too! But I'm afraid this time it won't be that way at all. Clemson just got the ultimate motivation being ranked 5 in the rankings. They had already started playing better and more consistently but add this extra fuel to the fire and this game shouldn't be close! I expect Trevor Lawrence to air the ball out to his big play receivers and for Etienne to run all over the Wolfpack!

Clemson 55
NC State 10




No comments:

Post a Comment